Increase website traffic with Rankinity's competitive analysis
Rankinity is a single indicator of your SEO performance!
Need to check positions on Google? The answer is here:
How to find your weaknesses in Google organic search?
- First, you need to generate a list of keywords for your website. No list - no analysis. You can even take keywords that competitor sites have. A simple text editor, a table in Google Docs or Excel is enough for you to do this.
- Do some competitive benchmarking. This is about comparing the traffic of your website with your biggest online competitors. Use public sources, such as data from SimilarWeb or Alexa Rank. Pay attention to engagement metrics and referral link sources.
- Be sure to use competitive analysis from Rankinity to find your competitors.
What do you need for effective SEO analysis?
Check your positions
If you want to get more organic traffic from Google, you need to get your site's existing positions, take pages you rank high and improve their quality. Don't be afraid to take good ideas from your competitors that rank higher.
Fix technical errors
You can use any free SEO Checker to determine your list of technical errors. Generally speaking, these errors prevent your website from high ranking in Google. After making changes, you can re-run the report and check if you have done everything correctly. Try to keep the number of technical errors to a minimum.
Increase website speed
Site speed has a very big impact on your conversion rate. Also, it greatly affects the ranking in Google Search. As a rule of thumb, the higher your site's speed, the higher it is in Google's search results. If you want to rank high, then your site needs to be very fast. You can use PageSpeed Insights from Google.
Remove spam backlinks
When you analyzing a website, always do a backlink analysis. Check who is linking to you, track your domain score and overall traffic figures. Get this data from Google Search Console.
2 principles of successful SEO
Add new keywords
- Get your list of keywords that potentially provide the traffic you want. Make sure to analyze it with the Google Adwords planner.
- Gather the positions of your site according to this list in Rankinity.
- In the Rankinity Competitors tab, see what is ranking high and take new ideas from there to make changes to your site pages.
Care your audience
- Find the topics your audience cares about.
- Find out which sites share your audience.
- Review the stats of your competitor sites (get your competitor list from Rankinity, see SimilarWeb and Alexa for stats).
F.A.Q about website analysis
- 1 -
Are the Alexa Tools free?
Alexa's tools are generally free. To get unlimited access to SEO analysis results, upgrade to an Alexa Advanced or Agency plan. Keyword research tools can uncover the power of content to engage your audience. Audience analysis tools can identify the interests of your audience. Backlink analysis tools can help with link building opportunities to increase website rankings and organic traffic.
- 2 -
How can I use analysis data to my advantage?
Use a list of keywords to develop new content or improve existing content that is highly relevant to your niche audience. Typically, keywords are broken down by groups, so you can choose a main group and focus your SEO efforts on that particular area. Use competitive analysis to see where you can close the gap between you and your competitors. If your competitors are getting more search traffic than you, do a visual page analysis to identify areas of improvement. Audience analysis can be used to understand the habits of your users. This can help you identify partner sites where guest or paid posts are possible. Check website traffic statistics to understand the popularity of the site and the quality of its audience. For example, you can look at your audience engagement rates and compare it to your competitors.
- 3 -
How do Alexa and SimilarWeb determine website's metrics?
Most metrics from Alexa and SimilarWeb are estimated and relative. To get this data, Alexa and SimilarWeb count visits and pageviews as well as audience engagement for each website. Some of the data is bought anonymously from major ISPs. Some of the data is taken from sites that have been certified and have chosen to display their certified metrics in the public domain.
- 4 -
Can I access this data through API?
Sure. Most Alexa, SimilarWeb, and Rankinity data is available through APIs. In the case of Alexa and SimilarWeb, the data available includes web traffic data history (views, sources). In the case of Rankinity it is past and current website positions and positions of competitor.
Manage your project right on your phone
Want to check rank on Google? The answer is here:
Get 300 checks per month absolutely FREE!
No credit card needed. No strings attached. 👍